This easy-to-make appetizer, with BUSH'S® Original Baked Beans, is always a crowd-pleaser.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 8-10
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Original Baked Beans
- 1 medium French baguette, cut into 18, 1-inch slices
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 4 Tbsp (½ stick) butter (not margarine), softened
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 4 oz finely shredded smoked white Cheddar cheese, or variety of choice
- Preheat oven on broiler setting
- Place baguette slices on cookie sheet
- Rub each slice with garlic, then spread butter over each slice.
- Heat beans in small saucepan over medium heat until warm, about 5 minutes
- While beans are heating, place cookie sheet with baguette slices under broiler for 2-3 minutes (TIP: Watch baguettes carefully to prevent edges from burning.)
- Using oven mitts, remove cookie sheet from oven
- Using slotted spoon, top each toasted slice with generous spoonful of beans, tomato and cheese
- Return to oven for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve!