Made with our plump, flavorful Black Beans and crisp frozen corn, this easy chili recipe can be made in about 30 minutes. Top with cheese and crispy strips of corn tortillas.
These recipes were created with our vegetarian friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 can (15 oz) BUSH'S® Black Beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 (6 or 8-inch) corn tortillas, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) corn, undrained
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 can (16 oz) tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat half the oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add cut tortillas and lightly brown. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate; let drain.
- Heat remaining oil in saucepan. Add onion, red pepper, garlic, corn and seasonings. Cook 4 minutes; stir often.
- Add beans and tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with tortilla strips, cheese, green onions, sour cream and cilantro.