Warm up with this flavorful beef stew, slow-cooked with tomatoes, BUSH'S® Kidney Beans, mild spices and bacon for a delicious, smoky flavor.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Kidney Beans, drained
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 lbs trimmed beef cubes or brisket
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced into wedges and separated
- 1 Tbsp jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook 2 minutes. Add beef and brown with garlic, onion, jalapeño and green pepper.
- Combine skillet mixture (with pan juices), seasonings and tomatoes in slow cooker. Top with beans, chicken stock and lime juice.
- Cover and cook 4 hours on low.