Rich, fudgy and delicious, these bite-sized sweets can be dipped in dark or white chocolate. Made with brownie mix, pureed BUSH'S® Black Beans and applesauce, they're also easy to prepare.
These recipes were created with our vegetarian friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: one 1" truffle
- 1 can (15 oz) BUSH'S® Black Beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 box (15.25 oz) brownie mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup applesauce, Classic
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cans (8 oz) dark chocolate frosting
- 1 pkg (12 oz) dark or white chocolate candy making and dipping wafers
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat a 13 x 9 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place water and black beans in a blender and puree.
- Blend brownie mix, eggs, applesauce and bean puree in a large bowl at low speed until all ingredients are moistened.
- Bake at 350° F for 25-30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool brownies completely
- Crumble prepared brownies into a large bowl. Add ½ can of frosting and mix thoroughly.
- Roll mixture into 1" sized balls by hand.If mixture is too sticky, chill brownie mixture 30- 45 minutes in refrigerator before rolling into 1" balls. Place on wax paper lined baking sheet and set aside.
- Next melt dark or white chocolate candy making & dipping wafers in the microwave. Place wafers in a microwave- safe container. With the microwave at half power or on defrost setting microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and stir thoroughly (product keeps its original shape until stirred). If wafers are not completely melted, continue to microwave at 15 second intervals, stirring in between intervals until chocolate is smooth. Be careful to not overheat the wafer as they will burn.
- Using a small spoon, dip brownie balls into melted chocolate.Spoon chocolate over the brownie balls until they are fully coated.Place brownie bites on wax paper to set.
- If you wish to decorate your brownie bites, sprinkle with decorative sprinkles before coating is set or after coating is set, heat up left over chocolate and drizzle over each brownie bite.