Flavorful sweet potatoes put a twist on classic winter stew, made with BUSH'S® Dark Red Kidney Beans, pork loin and a savory blend of spices.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 3 cans (16 oz) BUSH'S® Dark Red Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 lb sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 jalapeno, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lb pork loin, trimmed and cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
- Prick sweet potatoes with fork and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes until tender. Set aside. When cool, peel and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Heat olive oil in large stockpot. Add ginger, garlic and jalapeno and saute until soft, about 2 minutes. Add celery, green pepper and onion, and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Season pork with cumin, salt and pepper. Push vegetables to one side of stockpot and add pork, browning on all sides.
- Add kidney beans, tomatoes, broth and sweet potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until pork is tender. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Garnish with a spoonful of relish made from 1 cup chopped pineapple, 2 sliced scallions, and 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro. Serve with hot sauce, if desired.