Mashed Garbanzo Beans go well in this creamy mixture highlighted by pesto and red peppers.
These recipes were created with our vegetarian friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 2 - 1/2 cups
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Garbanzo Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup prepared basil pesto sauce (usually in a jar, found in the Italian/pasta sauce aisle)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers or drained sun dried tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Assorted crackers
- Assorted fresh vegetables, cut up
- Coarsely mash garbanzo beans with fork or pastry blender. Stir in sour cream, pesto, red pepper, lemon juice and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Serve with assorted crackers and cut up fresh vegetables.