This salsa was created for BUSH’S® BBQ Bootcamp™ by Steven Raichlen, host of “Steven Raichlen’s Project Smoke” on public television. You can easily use ingredients you already have, like leftover grilled corn and BUSH’S® Baked Beans. It’s the perfect side for BUSH’S® Inside-Out Cheeseburgers!
Looking for your Recipe Box?
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 12
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- ½ can (28 oz) BUSH'S® Original Baked Beans
- 1 large ripe tomato, diced
- 2 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced (leave seeds in for spicier salsa)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- tortilla chips, for serving
- Set up well-oiled grill for direct grilling and preheat to high.
- Brush corn with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill corn until browned on all sides, 8-12 minutes, and transfer to cutting board to cool.
- Grill green pepper until browned on all sides and transfer to cutting board.
- Cut kernels from corn cobs and seed and dice green pepper. Place in large mixing bowl.
- Add baked beans, tomato, scallions, jalapeño, cilantro and lime juice. Stir to mix.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Serve remaining BUSH’S Original Baked Beans on the side.
- Pairs well with BUSH’S® Inside-Out Cheeseburgers