Italian sausage, bell peppers and white beans are a classic one-skillet meal. Choose BUSH'S® Cannellini or Great Northern Beans, add tomato sauce and Mozzarella cheese, and this will be a new family favorite.
These recipes were created with our gluten-free friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 can (15.5 oz) BUSH'S® Cannellini or Great Northern Beans, drained
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb sweet or spicy sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces (casings removed)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (15 oz) chunky tomato or spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; brown evenly, about 3 minutes. Add green pepper and cook slightly.
- Add beans and tomato sauce; reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with cheese.