A unique blend of spices and flavors combine to create a hearty Black Bean chili, garnished with Cheddar cheese and curled lime zest.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 lbs bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced roasted garlic
- 2 tsp cumin seed
- 2 tsp fennel seed
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 canss (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- Fresh lime
- In a large 6-quart soup pot, saute bacon over medium heat until cooked. Add onion, peppers, garlic and spices. Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin puree, black beans, tomatoes, corn, broth and cocoa powder. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with grated cheese and garnish with curled lime zest.