"This is a different twist to 7-layer dip. I like the taste of beans combined with sour cream—that's a good idea," Teri, CA - Member of the BUSH'S® Beans Moms & Kids Panel.
These recipes were created with our vegetarian and gluten-free friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fresh tomato salsa
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- Line 8-inch springform pan or baking dish with plastic wrap. Set aside.
- Mash beans lightly with a fork in a medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of the liquid for a creamier consistency.
- Combine beans, sour cream, garlic, and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Mix well. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Place bean mixture in an even layer in the bottom of the spring form pan. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with a layer of salsa, scatter avocado on top. Top with shredded lettuce and squeeze lime juice on top. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the green onions.
- Let sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Remove sides of the springform pan, wrapping or trimming the plastic. Serve on the base with tortilla chips.