This hearty gumbo is full of vegetables, chicken and our Chili Magic Chili Starter. It will transport you right to the Big Easy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Servings: 6 cups
- 1 can (15.5 oz) BUSH'S® Chili Magic Chili Starter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup instant long grain white rice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- Heat water to boiling in medium saucepan. Stir in rice. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in 12-inch non-stick skillet until hot. Add chicken, onion and pepper; cook, stirring frequently until chicken is no longer pink in color, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Stir in rice and serve immediately.