Pineapple, cilantro, and chopped grilled jalapeño salsa makes a perfect side dish for these maple-soy glazed grilled chicken kabobs.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
- Servings: 6
- 1 can (22 ounces) BUSH'S® Bourbon and Brown Sugar Grillin’ Beans®
- For Kabobs
- 6 each skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 6 Wooden or metal skewers (recommend metal)
- For Glaze
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- For Salsa
- 1/2 each fresh pineapple, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 each small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 each jalapeños
- Optional Garnish
- Sweet chili sauce
- For Kabobs: Slice each chicken breast into 6 even pieces. Create kabobs by threading chicken onto skewers until all pieces are used. (Tip: If using wooden skewers, soak in cold water for at least 1 hour before use to prevent burning).
- For Glaze: In small sauce pan, combine syrup, soy sauce and pineapple juice. Bring mixture to boil, continue stirring until mixture is reduced. Remove from heat and set glaze aside for later use.
- For Salsa: In small bowl, mix together pineapple, cilantro, onion, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Set clean, well-oiled grill to medium-high heat. When grill is hot, using tongs cook jalapeños 3 minutes on each side or until dark and roasted. Remove from grill and set aside to cool.
- Once cool, remove seeds from jalapeños and chop. Add to salsa and mix well.
- Place kabobs on grill using tongs. With basting brush, cover each side of kabob with glaze. Cook 5-7 minutes on each side or until internal temperature is at least 165 degrees F.
- Remove kabobs from grill and place on platter.
- With spoon, add layer of salsa on top of each kabob. Garnish with drizzle of sweet chili sauce, as desired. Be sure to remove all ingredients from skewers before eating.
- Serve with BUSH'S® Bourbon and Brown Sugar Grillin’ Beans®.