"I love the taste of bacon with pesto in this pasta and the BUSH'S® Beans have a fresh taste," Giovanna, MN - Member of the BUSH'S® Beans Moms & Kids Panel.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Cannellini Beans, with liquid
- 2 slices smoked bacon, diced
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced garlic
- 1 Tbsp minced thyme
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 cup chopped canned tomatoes
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 lb wagon wheel pasta, cooked according to pkg directions
- 1 Tbsp purchased pesto
- Heat a 2-quart sauce pot over medium heat, add bacon, and cook 4 minutes until bacon is crispy. Reduce heat to low, add garlic and thyme, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add onions; cook 3-4 minutes, until translucent. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Add cannellini beans with the liquid and pepper; bring to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Combine with cooked pasta.
- Stir in pesto just before serving.