Recipe created for BUSH'S® Beans exclusively by Chef Jeffrey Saad, television host of numerous food- and cooking-related shows and author of the cookbook, Jeffrey Saad's Global Kitchen: Recipes Without Borders.
These recipes were created with our gluten-free friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 lbs bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs or boneless, skinless
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 each yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 each red bell pepper, sliced with stems and seeds removed
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seed
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup olives
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 jar (24 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- Crumbled Feta, French or rustic bread
- Place chicken on paper towel and pat dry.
- Place beans on paper towel and pat dry. (Tip: Drying garbanzo beans allows them to brown in pan and take on a nutty flavor.)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in large skillet or pot over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add chicken (skin side down if using skin-on chicken). Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Using tongs, flip chicken and cook 3 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan using tongs and place on platter. Drain oil from pan.
- Add remaining oil in same pan over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add beans and cook 3 minutes.
- Add onion, pepper, garlic, cumin, cinnamon, olives and salt. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato sauce and water and bring to boil. Turn heat to low and add chicken. Cover and cook 25 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken is at least 165 degrees F.
- Serve with bread and garnish with Feta, as desired.