Recipe created for BUSH'S® Baked Beans by John Dawson, author of outdoor cooking blog, "Patio Daddio BBQ" (www.PatioDaddioBBQ.com).
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 1 can (28 oz) BUSH'S® Country Style Baked Beans
- For Memphis Dry-Rub:
- 1/8 cup unrefined evaporated cane sugar
- 1/8 cup golden or light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup kosher salt or medium fine sea salt
- 2 tsp sweet Hungarian paprika
- 2 tsp regular chili powder or medium heat chili powder
- 2 tsp granulated onion
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/3 Tbsp granulated garlic
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp celery salt
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 tsp ground coriander
- 1/3 tsp ground cayenne (optional)
- For Chicken Wings:
- 3 lbs chicken wing pieces
- Canola oil spray
- 1 each large plastic resealable bag
- For Memphis Dry-Rub: In large bowl mix together rub ingredients with hand or stand mixer. Set aside.
- For Chicken Wings: Rinse wings in cold water and dry with paper towel. Place wings in large plastic resealable bag and add 1/3 cup of rub. Set remaining rub aside.
- Seal bag and shake to evenly coat wings. Place bag on lipped sheet pan or cookie sheet and refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight.
- Drain liquid from bag. Add 2 more tablespoons rub. Seal and shake to evenly coat wings. Set aside.
- Spray grill grates with canola oil. Set clean well-oiled grill to medium heat (250-275 degrees F) and prepare for indirect cooking.
- When grill is hot, using tongs, place wings on cool side of grill and cook over indirect heat for 1 hour.
- Using tongs, flip wings and lightly spray wings with canola oil. Dust wings very lightly with rub and cook for 1 hour or until internal temperature is at least 165 degrees F.
- Using tongs, remove wings from grill and place on large platter.
- Serve with BUSH'S® Country Style Baked Beans.