Fresh vegetables, flavorful Italian sausage, Kidney Beans and Cannellini Beans create a colorful soup sure to please your family.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours 18 minutes
- Total Time: 6 hours 38 minutes
- Servings: 9
- 1/2 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Red Kidney Beans, drained
- 1 can (15.5 oz) BUSH'S® Cannellini Beans, with liquid
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Italian turkey sausage, in small pieces
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 can (16 oz) chopped canned tomatoes
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups zucchini cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cup cooked bowtie pasta
- 2 Tbsp pre-packaged pesto
- 2 Tbsp fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium sauce pan. Add sausage; brown well.
- Add tomato paste; cook 5 minutes until brown.
- Add onions, celery, garlic, carrots and oregano. Cook until garlic is aromatic, approximately 5 minutes.
- Pour into a 4-quart slow cooker. Add tomatoes and chicken stock.
- Cook on low setting for 6 to 7 hours or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in beans, zucchini, spinach and cooked pasta. Cook on high setting for 8 minutes or until beans and pasta are warmed through and spinach has wilted.
- To Serve: Pour the soup into a bowl. Top with a little pesto and fresh grated parmesan cheese.