Spicy chicken and BUSH'S® Black Beans with lots of veggies are served over white rice for a quick weeknight dinner.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Total Time: 37 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 can (15 oz) BUSH'S® Black Beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 2 cups salsa, mild or spicy
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces; brown slightly. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Wipe skillet; heat remaining olive oil.
- Add mushrooms, green pepper, onion, celery, garlic, corn and beans. Bring to simmer. Stir in chicken and salsa; return to simmer. Cook 5-7 minutes.
- Serve over rice, topping with sour cream and cheese.