This one-skillet dinner, created by Maureen Toman, blends Italian sweet sausage, tomatoes and BUSH’S® Original Baked Beans to create a satisfying meal that’s ready in about 30 minutes.
Looking for your Recipe Box?
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 1 can (28 oz) BUSH'S® Original Baked Beans
- 1 package (1 lb, 3 oz) Johnsonville Sweet Italian Sausage Links
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) tomatoes, diced, peeled and drained
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray medium skillet with cooking spray. Add sausage. Cook over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes, turning links often.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Carefully add water to skillet. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. Remove sausages and slice into coins.
- Add onions to skillet and cook until translucent for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, thyme, BUSH’S® Original Baked Beans and sausage.
- Bring mixture to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve warm.