Created for BUSH'S® Beans by Liz Weiss, registered dietitian, co-founder of the family-friendly food blog, "Meal Makeover Moms' Kitchen" at MealMakeoverMoms.com/kitchen, Kiwi magazine freelance writer and mom.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Garbanzo Beans or BUSH'S® Reduced Sodium Garbanzo Beans
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved (4 to 6), cut into 12 pieces total
- 1 diced medium onion (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dried oregano)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 12 oz dried orzo pasta
- 6 Tbsp crumbled Feta cheese
- Add the chicken, beans, tomato sauce, onion, olives, oregano, garlic and pepper to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low until the chicken is cooked through and the flavors are all melded, about 4 hours.
- Cook the orzo pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Serve over cooked orzo pasta and top each serving with a tablespoon of Feta cheese. Garnish with a sprig of fresh oregano as desired.