Created for BUSH’S® BBQ Bootcamp™ by Steven Riachlen, public television’s “Steven Raichlen’s Project Smoke”, this salad achieves that perfect smoky flavor by grilling potatoes indirectly, and adding woodchips to the grill’s smoker box. It’s the perfect complement to Steven’s super-spicy strip steaks recipe.
Looking for your Recipe Box?
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 6-8
- 2 pounds small fingerling or new potatoes, scrubbed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (22 oz) BUSH'S® Smokehouse Tradition Grillin’ Beans, ¼ cup sauce
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 each scallions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- You’ll also need:
- 1½ cups hardwood chips or chunks; or smoker box
- Set up grill for indirect grilling and preheat to medium-high.
- Place potatoes in aluminum foil pan and stir in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add wood chips to coals or place in gas grill’s smoker box.
- Indirect grill potatoes until browned and tender (test with a bamboo skewer), 1 hour or as needed.
- Transfer to cutting board and let cool.
- Place mayonnaise, BUSH’S Smokehouse Tradition Grillin’ Beans sauce, vinegar, mustard, scallions and capers in large mixing bowl and whisk.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with remaining BUSH’S Smokehouse Tradition Grillin’ Beans on side.
- Pairs well with BUSH’S® Caveman Steaks with Bell Pepper Pan-Fry