If you like your chili with a kick, you'll love this recipe with poblano pepper, tomatillo salsa and BUSH'S® Reduced Sodium Great Northern Beans.
These recipes were created with our vegetarian friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 1 can (15.5 oz) BUSH'S® Reduced Sodium Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 can (15.5 oz) BUSH'S® White Hominy, drained
- 1 can (15.5 oz) BUSH'S® White Chili Beans
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup tomatillo salsa
- Shredded cheese of choice, nonfat Greek yogurt, chopped cilantro, crushed tortilla chips
- Using a food processor, puree 1 cup of Great Northern Beans; set aside.
- Heat oil in stock pot over medium heat. Add peppers and cumin and cook 3 minutes.
- Add water, broth, salsa, Chili Beans, Hominy, pureed beans and remaining Great Northern Beans; stir well to combine.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cook 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with optional toppings, if desired.