Recipe created for BUSH'S® Beans by Connie Guttersen, PhD, RD, nutrition instructor at the Culinary Institute of America & author of "The New Sonoma Diet" & "The Sonoma Cookbook"Sterling 2011.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Chili Beans
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb ground beef, 85% lean
- 1 each onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp brown mustard
- 1/2 cup sweet or honey barbecue sauce
- Heat oil in large skillet. Using spatula, add beef and brown over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook 5 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add chili powder, beans and chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add mustard and barbecue sauce. Let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and serve.