A little bit of bacon goes a long way to add just a hint of smoke to this comforting dish. BUSH'S® Great Northern Beans, diced tomatoes, rosemary and garlic bring a taste of Tuscany to your dinner table.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 can (15.8 oz) BUSH'S® Great Northern Beans, drained
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 slice bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 ribs celery, thickly sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken with bacon, garlic and rosemary.
- Combine skillet mixture (with pan juices) in slow cooker with onion, carrot and celery. Add beans, chicken stock and tomatoes.
- Cover and cook 4-5 hours on low.