Try a new sweet topping on squash. The flavors of BUSH'S® Vegetarian Baked Beans, barbecue sauce and squash meld perfectly.
These recipes were created with our vegetarian and gluten-free friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 6
- 1 can (28 oz) BUSH'S® Vegetarian Baked Beans, drained
- 3 acorn squash (each about 28 oz)
- 4 Tbsp barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 4 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- Cut each squash in half widthwise. Slice 1/4-inch off rounded end of each half so the squash sits upright without wobbling. Scrape out seeds with spoon and discard.
- Mix vegetarian baked beans, barbecue sauce, maple syrup and brown sugar in small mixing bowl. Divide mixture evenly among squash halves and top each half with 1/2 tablespoon butter. (The squash can be prepared several hours ahead to this stage and refrigerated.)
- Preheat grill to medium*. Arrange the squash halves on grill away from the heat. Cook until squash is tender (sides will feel soft when squeezed) and filling is browned and bubbling, about 1 hour. Remove squash from grill and serve immediately.