Classic Italian bruschetta gets a little heartier with the addition of a classic Italian bean. BUSH'S® Cannellini Beans add delicious flavor to this easy appetizer.
These recipes were created with our vegetarian friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 2 cans (15.5 oz) BUSH'S® Cannellini Beans, drained *
- 1 large tomato, cored and diced or 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tsp dried leaf basil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (1 lb) baguette, thinly sliced into 16 rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place half the beans in a medium bowl; mash gently with a potato masher or the back of a fork. Stir in remaining whole beans, tomatoes, basil, lemon juice and cheese.
- Rub baguette slices with garlic, then brush with olive oil on both sides. Lightly toast bread in oven, turning after about 5 minutes.
- Spoon bean mixture evenly onto baguette slices. Serve immediately.