"I liked the White Bean Chili a lot! I even ate some for breakfast the next morning," Kyle, 13-year-old from Michigan. This kid-friendly vegetable recipe was tested by families on BUSH'S® Beans Moms & Kids Panel.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours 45 minutes
- Servings: 9
- 2 cans (15.8 oz) BUSH'S® Great Northern Beans, with liquid
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 lb chicken breasts, shredded, boneless, skinless
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup brown rice (not instant)
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 cans (4 oz) mild Mexican green chilies, drained
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chopped oregano
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, to taste
- Green salsa verde, to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium saute pan. Add onions, celery, and garlic. Cook until garlic is aromatic, approximately 5 minutes.
- Place carrots in bottom of slow cooker. Top with chicken, onions, celery and garlic mixture.
- Add zucchini, rice, chicken stock, chilies, cumin, and beans.
- Cook in 4-quart slow cooker on high setting for 4 hours or until vegetables and chicken are tender.
- Add oregano and parsley. Cook for 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve with desired amount of cheese and green salsa verde on top.